15 Sep ANNOUNCEMENT OF OFFICIAL APPOINTMENTS
GENERAL CURIA, Sept 15
General Minister Brother Massimo FUSARELLI together with General Vicar Brother Isauro COVILI LINFATI, and the eight General Definitors gathered from September 6 to 15, 2021 at the OFM General House in Rome, to deliberate on matters related to the governance, administration, and animation of the Order.
At this Tempo Forte meeting, the General leadership met with the General Secretariates and various Offices, attended to international matters of immediate necessity, and discussed the direction of the Order for the 2021-2027 sexennium, including practical ways to implement the decisions and guidelines of the General Chapter of July 2021.
After confirming Brother Giovanni RINALDI as Secretary General ad interim until 31 August 2022, the General Definotry elected for this coming sexennium:
- Br Francisco GÓMEZ VARGAS, of the Province of Saint Paul the Apostle, in Colombia, as Secretary General for Missions and Evangelization;
- Br Darko TEPERT, of the Province of the Saints Cyrill and Methodius, in Croatia, as Secretary General for Formation and Studies; and
- Br Claudio DURIGHETTO, of the Seraphic Province of Saint Francis of Assisi, in Italy, as Procurator General of the Order.
Along with these six-year elections, a new Guardian of the Fraternity of the General Curia-Santa Maria Mediatrice was elected for this triennium in the person of Brother Maciej (Krzysztof) OLSZEWSKI, of the Province of Saint Francis of Assisi, in Poland.
In addition, the following official appointments were made:
- Br Dennis TAYO, of the Custody of Saint Anthony of Padua, in the Philippines, as General Animator for Missions;
- Br Hieronimus Yosep DEI RUPA, as General Vice-Secretary for Formation and Studies;
- Br Chryzostom (Jarosław) FRYC, as Secretary of the Office of the General Procurator;
- Br Evodio JOÃO, of the Custody of Saint Claire, in Mozambique, as Director of the Communication Office;
- Br Fabio César GOMES, of the Province of the Immaculate Conception BVM, in Brazil, as General Delegat Pro Monialibus;
- Br Israel PORRAS ALVARADO, of the Province of the Saints Peter and Paul, in Mexico, a Vice-Director of the Office of the General Protocol;
- Br Baptist D’SOUZA, of the Province of Saint Thomas the Apostle, in India, as Vice-Director of the Development Office;
- Br Angel Edwin MONTOYA MONTOYA, of the Province of Saint Francis, in Ecuador, as Rector of the Students of the Fraternity “Blessed Gabriele M. Allegra”, at CISA;
- To be confirmed: Personal Secretary of the Minister General; and
- To be confirmed: Director of the Development Office.