29 Oct Communique from the General Definitory – Tempo Forte of September 2019
The General Definitory began its meetings on Friday, September 13th, 2019. The Vicar General, Br. Julio César BUNADER presided because of the absence of the Minister General who has been engaged in a course of physiotherapy in Chicago (U.S.A.) since his accident on August 15th last.
Issues regarding personnel in the houses in Rome dependent on the Minister General were dealt with — the General Curia, St. Anthony’s International College, and the Lateran Penitentiary. Some Final Reports submitted by General Visitators at the end of their Canonical Visitations were presented and studied.
The following General Visitators were elected:
- Br. Walter SCHREIBER, for the Custody of Our Lady of the Seven Joys, Brazil;
- Br. Sebastião Agostinho KREMER, for the Custody of Saint Clare, Mozambique;
- Br. Sergiusz BAŁDYGA, for the Pontifical University Antonianum;
- Br. Cesare VAIANI, for the Pontifical International Marian Academy, Rome;
- Br. Ignacio CEJA JIMENEZ, as Assistant to the Visitation of the Custody of the Caribbean, dependent on the Province of Arantzazu, Spain.
A number of files from the Office of the General Procurator were discussed, including the following requests for:
- information regarding accusations of graviora delicta (3);
- dismissals from the Order (2);
- dispensation from the obligations of the clerical state and from Solemn Vows (1);
- secularisation ad experimentum (2);
- indults of exclaustration for one, two, or three years (9);
- dispensation from Temporary Vows (1).
Candidates for the office of Minister Provincial were approved for three Entities that will shortly celebrate their Provincial Chapters.
The Acts of Elections were ratified for the following:
- The Chapter of the Province of the Assumption (Rio de la Plata), Argentina;
- The “intermediate” Chapter (the election of Definitors) of the Province of Santa Barbara, USA;
- The Capitular Congresses of 4 Provinces;
- Extra-Capitular elections of 7 Guardians and a Provincial Treasurer.
The General Definitory met with Br. John PUODZIUNAS, General Treasurer, to work out some details with a view to the drawing up of the 2020 budget for the houses and entities under the General Curia.
The Definitory participated in the annual Ongoing Formation programme of the General Curia fraternity from September 25th to 27th.
The next Tempo Forte will take place from November 8th to 22nd. From November 18th to 22nd, the General Definitory will meet with the General Visitators who will be engaged in carrying out Canonical Visitation in many Entities of the Order in the coming months. The Visitators will receive training during their time at the Curia.
To the praise of Christ and the Poverello of Assisi. Amen!
Rome, 29th October, 2018
Br. Giovanni Rinaldi, OFM