18 Jan Continental Conferences for Formators
The General Chapter (Decision no. 3) asked that the General Definitory should — through the General Secretariat for Formation and Studies — ensure that Continental Conferences on Formation be organized during this six-year term. There are 6 Conferences planned:
- the first of Continental Conferences will be held in Jakarta (Indonesia) from July 2nd to 8th, 2017 (SAAOC and EAC);
- September 3rd to 9th, 2017, for the Latin American Conferences: Guadalupe, Bolivarian, Brazilian, Cono Sur (to be held in Sao Paulo, Brazil);
- July 1st to 7th, 2018, for the English-speaking Conference (to be held in the US);
- September 23rd to 29th, 2018, for the Conferences of Western Europe (COTAF, COMPI, CONFRES, Holy Land);
- June 30th to July 6th, 2019, for the African Conference;
- September 1st to 7th, 2019, for the Conferences of Eastern Europe (SLAS and SLAN), to be held in Poland.
The following are called and invited to attend these Conferences: the Provincial Secretary for Formation and Studies, the Director of Ongoing Formation, and the animator of the Pastoral Care of Vocations. All three friars mentioned above are expected to attend from the Provinces and two friars from autonomous Custodies.
Within a setting of formative accompaniment, the Formation Conferences will address the fundamental topic of Ongoing Formation, with special attention being given to the training of Guardians. The issue of the Pastoral Care of Vocations (crucial for many Entities) will also be dealt with in the context of Ongoing Formation.
for Formation and Studies